- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g scramble-fry beef strips or minute steak cut into strips
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tsp paprika
- 500g potato, peeled and cut into smallish chunks
- 600ml hot beef stock (a cube is okay)
- 500g jar tomato -essentially based cooking sauce
- handful of parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- pure bio yogurt, to again
Warmth half of the oil in a sizable non-stick pan and fry the beef for 2 mins, stirring once midway through. In case your pan is little, close this in two batches. Tip the meat onto a plate. Warmth the final oil in the pan (no wish to sexy) and fry the mushrooms for 2-3 mins till they originate to color.
Sprinkle the paprika over the mushrooms, fry fast, then tip in potatoes, stock and tomato sauce. Give it all a factual scramble, cloak and simmer for 20 mins till the potatoes are tender. Return the beef to the pan on the side of any juices, and warm through. Slither in the parsley and a swirl of yogurt, then again straight from the pan.
USING SAUSAGES OR MAKING IT VEGETARIAN
Convey 4 pork sausages cut into chunks as an different of
the beef. Fry for 5 mins till browned and leave
in the pan while the sauce cooks.
To create it veggie: swap beef for a 400g can
chickpeas (drained and rinsed) or Quorn objects
and create bigger the mushrooms to 200g/8oz.
Recipe from Pleasing Food journal, February 2005