Wheat Germ Oven-Fried Chicken
Right here’s a crispy, crunchy oven-fried chicken recipe from Kretschmer that received’t leave your guests feeling preferred they overlooked out on the genuine ingredient. We now beget double-dipped it — first in wheat germ after which in beaten corn flakes — to present it that good, crunchy outside that makes dilapidated fried chicken irresistible.Click on Right here to Gaze More Wheat Germ Recipes
- 2 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- ¾ cup wheat germ, such as kretschmer usual toasted wheat germ
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup low-elephantine buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly overwhelmed
- 4 cup corn flakes, beaten
- 4 massive chicken legs, pores and skin eliminated (about 1 pound)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- Protest a rack within the greater third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a baking sheet with aspects.
- In a shallow bowl, combine together the wheat germ, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Pour the buttermilk, whisked eggs, and corn flakes into three separate shallow bowls (4 bowls complete).
- Taking one a part of chicken at a time, dip it first into the buttermilk, then the wheat germ combination, then the egg, and at closing the corn flake crumbs, patting with your fingers to make certain that the crumbs adhere. Protest objects on ready baking sheet.
- Bake unless the chicken is crisp and golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Befriend straight away or at room temperature.