- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 kilos stew purple meat, decrease into 1-dash cubes
- ¼ teaspoon ground sunless pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup cramped one carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup dry purple wine
- 4 cups purple meat broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup hasty cooking barley
- Heat neatly-organized stockpot to medium-excessive warmth. Add oil and warmth thru for a pair of minutes. Season purple meat with salt and pepper. Add to pot and brown on either aspect. Put away purple meat from pot and field aside.
- Add vegetables and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and sauté for a further 3-5 minutes. Add wine to deglaze, scraping brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add closing ingredients to stockpot, returning the purple meat as neatly. Turn warmth to low and simmer soup for 2-3 hours, stirring on occasion.
- Aid with crusty bread and new parsley, if desired.