Swapping in candy potatoes for the typical white selection gives this curry a beta-carotene enhance.
Advertisement – Proceed Reading Beneath
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil (preferably peanut)
- 1 lb. steak (spherical, loin, or flank), sever into 1/2-scuttle-huge strips
- 1 mountainous shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp. minced new ginger
- 1 tbsp. thai crimson curry paste
- 1 can (13.5 oz) gentle coconut milk
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 medium candy potato, peeled and diced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
- chopped cilantro, for serving
- 1/3 c. unsalted roasted cashews (non-compulsory)
- Step 1Heat a wok or skillet on medium excessive. When it be sizzling, add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the meat and sear it till browned, tossing every so often, 2 to three minutes. Switch the meat and its juices to a plate.
- Step 2Return the wok to medium heat and swirl in 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the shallot and ginger; scuttle-fry for 3 minutes. Budge within the curry paste and warmth for 30 seconds. Budge within the coconut milk, lime zest, and fish sauce; heat for 2 minutes.
- Step 3Add the candy potatoes to the wok and produce the combination to a boil. In the discount of it to a simmer, quilt, and prepare dinner till the potatoes are gentle, about Quarter-hour. Budge within the lime juice and the meat and warmth thru. Abet over rice and garnish with cilantro and cashews.