You probably can invent this extra lemon-y by grating the rind of a lemon into the cake combine but as I’m lazy I produce no longer bother 😉
- * 4oz flour
- * 4oz caster sugar
- * 4oz room temperature butter
- * 2 egg
- * 1 tsp baking powder
- * 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Pre-heat your oven to 170 degrees C.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl (despite the undeniable truth that all another time, I will no longer continuously ever be arsed and my cakes are repeatedly swish…) and add the caster sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder and vanilla paste.
- Mix effectively with some form of electric mixer unless you have a batter that falls off a spoon without bid. Add a small bit milk (or water) if it's too thick.
- Tip into a greased tin and bake for 25-30 mins, unless golden on high.
- Fabricate your sugar syrup by juicing a lemon and including ample sugar to form a thick paste that probabilities are you’ll presumably maybe pour on high of the cake.
- Leave the cake to chill for ten minutes and drizzle with the sugar syrup. i tend to chuck mine on and unfold it with the attend of a spoon.
- Leave to chill further and eat with a exciting cup of tea.