This sweet and tangy pork is severely a birthday party on your mouth.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Beneath
- 1/3 c. white vinegar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 tsp. flooring ginger
- 1/4 c. cornstarch, plus 1 tsp. for slurry
- 1 c. white rice
- 1 lb. flooring pork, cut into 1″ cubes
- kosher salt
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 onion, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1 c. pineapple, cut into 1″ cubes
- Step 1In a medium saucepan add vinegar, sugar, ketchup and ginger. Bring to a boil and simmer except it reduces, 10 minutes. In a shrimp bowl mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1 teaspoon water to possess a slurry, then add to sauce and drag. Encourage warm.
- Step 2Steam rice primarily based entirely entirely on kit instructions. In the meantime, pat pork dry with a paper towel. In a medium bowl, season pork with salt, then mix with 1/4 cup cornstarch except effectively covered. Shake off any excess cornstarch and discard.
- Step 3In a mammoth skillet over medium-excessive heat, heat vegetable oil. Add pork and cook dinner 3 minutes on both facet, then drag. (Cook dinner the pork in 2 batches to retain away from crowding the pan.) Drain pork on paper-towel lined plate.
- Step 4Pour all nonetheless 1 tablespoon oil from the skillet. Warmth skillet over medium-excessive heat and cook dinner bell pepper, onion, and pineapple for 5 minutes. Add support pork and drag in sauce. Transfer to mammoth serving bowl and relieve with steamed rice.
Judy Kim is a Unusual York primarily based entirely entirely meals stylist, recipe developer, culinary producer and inventive consultant.