This twist on the outmoded North African attain of serving couscous calls for roasting vegetables in the oven quite than simmering them on the variety. This concentrates the vegetables’ flavors and brings out their sweetness.
Commercial – Continue Reading Below
- 1/2 lb. sunchokes
- 3 shrimp carrots
- 3 shrimp parsnips
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 shallots
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. beaten crimson pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. dried currants
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 c. couscous
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- tsp. saffron threads
- Chopped cilantro
- chopped pistachios
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. On a expansive rimmed baking sheet, toss the sunchokes, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, shallots, olive oil, lemon zest, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, and beaten crimson pepper. Season generously with salt. Roast the vegetables for roughly half-hour, except subtle and browned in spots.
- Step 2Scurry 1 cup of the water into the vegetables and scatter the currants and bay leaf on top. Roast for roughly 10 more minutes, except the currants are chubby and the vegetables are saucy. Discard the bay leaf.
- Step 3Within the period in-between, build the couscous in a expansive heatproof bowl. In a shrimp saucepan, bid the last 1 1/4 cups of water to a boil with the butter. Resolve from the warmth, add the saffron and a proper pinch of salt and let stand for 5 minutes. Elevate the water succor to a boil and pour it over the couscous. Duvet the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork and season with salt.
Step 4Switch the couscous to plates and spoon the roasted vegetables and their juices on top. Garnish with chopped cilantro and pistachios and encourage.
Purchasing for vegetable recipes? Are attempting our finest asparagus recipes, eggplant recipes, or zucchini recipes.