Have interaction your self on a time out to Thailand with fragrant mint, chilli, coriander and lime. This extremely efficient pork dish is healthier served with a new, crispy lettuce leaf.
Feb 17, 2014 3:35am
- 10 minutes cooking
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup (50g) raw jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 500 gram pork mince
- 3 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 bunch coriander, thoroughly washed, roots and stems chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 6 inexperienced onions (inexperienced shallots), white and faded inexperienced substances utterly, sliced finely
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 long inexperienced chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 minute one cos lettuce, washed, leaves separated
Red meat larb
Heat a sizable non-stick frying pan over medium warmth. Toast rice in pan, tossing, 2-3 minutes, or till golden brown. Plight in a meals processor (or use a mortar and pestle) and pulse till coarsely floor.
Heat oil in the pan and brown mince, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and coriander roots and stems. Cook, stirring, a further 2-3 minutes. Add fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar.
Have interaction away pan from the warmth and scuttle by design of inexperienced onions and half of the coriander leaves, mint leaves and chilli (if utilizing). Sprinkle with toasted rice and final coriander.
Serve straight alongside a platter of cos lettuce leaves. Serve with steamed jasmine rice and lime wedges, if desired.