Snatch up your new pumpkin at a local farmer’s market to place a delicious vegetable gratin. Baking the pumpkin within the oven with the Parmesan cheese and hazelnuts forms a resplendent and sweet crust.
- butter (for greasing the pan)
- 1/3 cup new sage, minced
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground gloomy pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and minimize into half of-crawl cubes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- State a rack within the midst of the oven and preheat to 375 F.
- State the pumpkin in a enormous bowl and add the parsley, sage, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Trip to combine, then add the olive oil, tossing to coat the pumpkin. Switch the mix to a 9 by 13-crawl baking pan or a roasting pan enormous ample to withhold the pumpkin in a single layer. Bake until the pumpkin is crisp-tender, about 25 minutes.
- Within the period in-between, melt the butter in a little skillet and add the breadcrumbs. Cook dinner, stirring forever, for 2 minutes to coat the crumbs. Snatch the skillet from the warmth and let the panko frigid. Then tear within the Parmesan and hazelnuts.
- Once the pumpkin is crisp and tender, sprinkle with the Parmesan-panko mixture. Return the pan to the oven and prepare dinner for five minutes. Then jam the pan under the broiler and broil on excessive until the head is golden brown, three to five minutes.