These baked empanadas are a healthy model of the South American traditional.
Commercial – Continue Discovering out Below
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- 1/4 c. pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 1 c. cooked and shredded beef brisket
- 3 tbsp. slivered almonds
- 1/2 c. shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 equipment diminished-tubby refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 substantial egg
- Step 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2Heat oil in a substantial skillet over medium warmth. Add onion, garlic, and cumin; cook 3 minutes. Dawdle in tomato sauce, olives, and raisins, and simmer for 3 minutes. Switch to a bowl. Dawdle in beef and almonds. Let filling cool moderately, then drag in cheese.
- Step 3On a lightly floured surface, roll pie crusts into two 13-flow circles. Prick circles into quarters; neat each and every quarter true into a tough 5 1/2-flow circle.
- Step 4Spoon a beneficiant 1/4 cup of filling onto half of every and every pastry circle. Fold pastry over filling to enclose; crimp edges to seal. Bid empanadas on willing baking sheet; brush with egg and develop a slight sever on top of every and every.
- Step 5Bake half-hour.
Pointers & Ideas