“This recipe used to be given to me by a buddy who had his appreciate restaurant. I am ecstatic he obtained it from Julia Runt one! It’s miles a accepted of the final members of my family, and comely to support within the cold months of Winter. We now appreciate got it with noodles and peas. If there might be any left over, it is even better the following day!”
- Prepared In:
- 4hrs 45mins
lbs boneless red meat chuck, scale again in 1 1/2 chase cubes (it is serious to utilize a low-designate scale again of meat)
lb white pearl onion
lb mushroom (little, recent)
tablespoons potato starch
red meat bouillon cubes (dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
(6 ounce) can tomato paste
cups Burgundy wine
cup dry sherry
cup ruby port
teaspoon pepper (freshly ground, more or less, to taste)
- Brown all Pork cubes in butter in an limitless Dutch oven, about a at a time.
- Enact no longer crowd.
- In a little saucepan warmth 1/4 cup of the Brandy until the vapors rise.
- Ignite and pour over the Pork.
- When the flames die, take away the red meat and place aside.
- Add butter to Dutch oven and brown Onions over low warmth.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking, about 3 minutes.
- Steal away Dutch oven from the warmth.
- Flow in flour or starch, meat paste or cubes, and tomato paste.
- Blend effectively.
- Flow in Burgundy, Sherry, and Port.
- Declare factual to boiling.
- Steal away from warmth and add Pork, Pepper, and Bay leaf.
- Bake, covered 300 levels F for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add more Burgundy if combination turns into too dry.
- Real ahead of serving, again, flame 1/4 cup Brandy and pour over combination.
Questions & Replies
Received a ask?
Portion it with the crew!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live within the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia with my husband and our cat, Lizzie Borden. We had an comely dog, and now appreciate 3 more cats to protect us company.
Survey Fleshy Profile