Photogenic Shaved Zucchini Salad (Made For Instagram)
A photograph of finely lower greens inspired this dish. It turns out that when you thinly carve a zucchini lengthwise, it’s a whole magnificence—like a wide ribbon or vegetal pappardelle pasta. You don’t need a mandoline to accomplish the function; a vegetable peeler does the job.Excerpted from COOKING SOLO, © 2016 by Klancy Miller. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
- 2 mountainous zucchini
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup diced feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (seek point out)
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground unlit pepper
- salt, to model
- Shipshape the ends from the zucchini. Over a mountainous bowl, shave them lengthwise into ribbons the use of a vegetable peeler. Add the tomatoes, olives, feta, and pine nuts, and space apart.
- In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegars, garlic, pepper, and a pinch of salt. Shake vigorously till emulsified, about 1 minute.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and cheese and toss with your hands to coat. Transfer to a plate and support.