This Guinness Pork Stew recipe is a meal unto itself – no want for aspect dishes with this hearty dinner. Objective correct pair with a crusty bread for sopping up the stew and you’re all assign of dwelling!
“What’s your blog about?” Any individual at my silent job requested me this query the diversified day. I believed about it for a 2nd and answered, “Antagonistic meals and my life.” What I meant to claim used to be its a meals and daily life blog that doesn’t point of interest on healthy eating. Oops.
So many folks are going on a health kick on narrative of of the silent year and I’m no longer surely one of them. I wager I’ve been feeling a microscopic little bit of guilty about posting recipes stuffed with carbs, cheese, meat, dairy, gluten, and loads of others. If each day I ate the form of recipes I posted, I’d occupy mighty higher blood stress, cholesterol and BMI.
I cook dinner so a lot for Mr. B and most of it is healthy. The field with my healthy meals is that it isn’t blog splendid in any respect. And myself, effectively, I’m form of a grazer. I’ll exhaust an orange, then a half sandwich about a hours later after which maybe some crackers with peanut butter.
Once I reach up with a recipe to post, I true starting up throwing substances correct into a dish, and after I’m completed it tastes gorgeous and has 1000 energy per serving. I’m exaggerating, but in actuality, the meals isn’t any longer constantly that excellent for you but tastes so glorious that I occupy to half it.
I wager you might maybe starting up pondering of the meals fragment of my blog as your cheat day resource – tasty meals that’s every so most ceaselessly unhealthy for you. Then with that disclaimer accessible, I don’t in actuality feel as unhealthy sharing this stew recipe with you.
Guinness Pork Stew
adapted from allrecipes.com
3.5 kilos of beef stew meat, paunchy removed and diced into 1/2 – 1 lope chunks
1/2 cup all-cause flour
3 tablespoons margarine
1 cup of yellow onion, chopped
4 cups of beef broth
1 clove garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon ground shaded pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 kilos of potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 lope pieces
1 pound of carrots, peeled and sliced
3 cups of Guinness at room temperature
1 sprig of rosemary
- Dredge the beef cubes within the flour unless evenly coated – you might maybe well additionally must preserve out this in two method on narrative of of the glorious want of meat pieces.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, and cook dinner the flour-coated beef chunks unless evenly browned.
- While the meat is browning, combine the beef broth, onion, garlic, bay leaves, salt, shaded pepper, paprika and Worcestershire sauce in a soup pot. Bring to a boil.
- When the meat is browned, add it to the beef broth. Once the broth comes to a boil, lower heat to a simmer and cook dinner on low heat for 2 hours. Poke occasionally.
- After 2 hours, add the potatoes. Poke and cook dinner for a further half-hour.
- Amplify the heat to medium and add then stride within the rest substances – Guinness, carrots and rosemary. Cook for 30 more minutes, stride and again.
Make sure that you assign your leftovers – as the stew sits it will get thicker and loads of more gorgeous. Bask in!