Grown-Up Ants On A Log
This grown-up remove on a childhood take care of would build a finest occasion starter. Ancho chile powder, piquant and smoky, might presumably furthermore be found on the supermarket spice shelf. Recipe courtesy of The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Vegetable Cookbook
- ¼ cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoon scotch whisky
- 1 4-ounce log soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon mango chutney, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ancho chile powder
- ¼ teaspoon rude (kosher) salt
- 4 celery stalks, prick into 3-dash lengths
- ¼ cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a tiny bowl, mix the currants and Scotch and let stand for Half-hour, or unless the currants possess softened and absorbed the Scotch.
- In a single other tiny bowl, with an electrical mixer, beat the goat cheese unless gentle. Beat in the chutney, mustard, ancho powder, and salt.
- Match a pastry gain with a ornamental tip and absorb with the cheese mixture. Pipe the cheese mixture into the celery. (Alternatively, exercise a spoon to absorb the celery.) Sprinkle the pecans and currants over the highest, pressing them in to stick.