Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4½ kilos bone-in crimson meat short ribs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground murky pepper
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon all-reason four, divided
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup dry crimson wine
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon crimson meat bouillon*
- 2 teaspoons chopped contemporary rosemary
- Garnish: contemporary rosemary sprigs
- Sprinkle crimson meat with salt and pepper. Dredge crimson meat in ½ cup flour.
- In a 12-scurry cast-iron skillet, cook dinner bacon over medium heat unless crisp. Add 4 tablespoons butter, and let soften. Add ribs, and cook dinner unless browned on all aspects, 3 to 4 minutes per facet. Switch contents of skillet to a 5- to 6-quart gradual cooker. Add onion.
- In a minute bowl, crawl collectively wine, brown sugar, chili sauce, Worcestershire, crimson meat bouillon, and rosemary; pour over ribs. Veil and cook dinner unless refined, about 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Rob away ribs. Strain cooking liquid from gradual cooker.
- In a minute saucepan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining 1 tablespoon flour over medium heat; cook dinner for 1 minute. Add cooking liquid, and cook dinner, stirring now and again, unless thickened. Support with ribs. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.