Remodel Taco Tuesday with crispy cod and crunchy slaw.
Advertisement – Proceed Reading Below
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, crushed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 c. all-cause flour
- 1 1/2 lb. cod, minimize into 1/2″ strips
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground murky pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 c. shredded pink cabbage
- 1/2 c. tartar sauce
- 1/2 c. chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1/2 c. Chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, minimize into wedges
- Step 1Put together field to coat the fish utilizing 3 medium bowls: 1 bowl with bread crumbs, one more with egg, and the final with flour. Season fish with salt and pepper. Coat every section in flour and shake off excess, then dip into egg and lastly in bread crumbs.
- Step 2In a mountainous skillet over medium-high warmth, add 1″ oil. Fry fish in batches, 1 to 2 minutes total, turning to evenly brown every facet. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt.
- Step 3Warm tortillas in a dry skillet.
- Step 4Assemble tacos: In every tortilla, layer shredded cabbage, fish sticks, tartar sauce, jalapeños, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Judy Kim is a Unusual York based food stylist, recipe developer, culinary producer and ingenious consultant.