“I’m scared I don’t know who Elina is, but I fancy her cake! I haven’t in actuality made this myself but, but had it at a birthday occasion, with darkish chocolate frosting and a dollop of whipped cream. Mmm! Even as you fancy the combo of fruit and chocolate flavours, give this a are attempting! The cake gets greater with time, so bake a day or two sooner than serving and protect refrigerated.”
- Ready In:
g butter or 150 g margarine, melted
ml raspberry jam
ml all-reason flour
teaspoons baking powder
tablespoons cocoa powder
ml boiling water
- Preheat oven to 175éC.
- Grease a 22 cm, round cake pan.
- Flour with cocoa powder, shaking off extra.
- Whip eggs with sugar lightly.
- Add melted and cooled butter, milk and raspberry jam, mix smartly.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Add flour combination and boiling water alternately, mixing comely until integrated.
- Flip batter into the exciting pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Abet as-is, or spread some raspberry jam on prime, frost alongside with your accepted darkish chocolate frosting and beef up with whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Bought a request?
Share it with the community!
The 5 1/3oz of butter got right here to 2/3 cup. I also dilapidated Splenda in this recipe. Or no longer it is very moist and wealthy. Doubtlessly handiest served with a raspberry sauce or whipped topping neither which I had readily readily accessible. Concept to support this at some level of the autumn with a heat sauce over it.
Nice and moist! I in the crop value of the sugar as suggested. I also baked this cake in a 9×9 square pan. I spread additional raspberry jam over the fresh cake then drizzled with melted chocolate as suggested in the recipe. It grew to change into out mountainous! My chocolate/raspberry LOVING co-employee gave this cake his kudos.
Baked this cake for PAC 2006. Wow! Loved it very considerable – very easy to position together and got right here out mountainous! Baked it for 40 minutes in a 350F oven. Most productive replace is I dilapidated reasonably much less sugar, 1 1/4 cups. Thanks stormylee… and Elina!