A creamy sweet potato pie with flavours inspired by sweet potato pie with a pecan crust!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups rooster broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 pounds sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 ounces brie, sliced
- salt and pepper to kind
- For the pecan crumble:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup extinct normal rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-excessive warmth, add the onions and cook till comfortable, about 3-5 minutes, sooner than adding the garlic and cooking till fragrant, a few minute.
- Add the broth, cider and sweet potatoes, elevate to a boil, decrease the warmth and simmer till the sweet potatoes are comfortable, about 20 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, maple syrup, and brie and cook till the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender and optionally stress andy bits of brie rind that might well even remain sooner than seasoning with salt and pepper sooner than playing!
- Pulse the butter, flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a meals processor till grainy.
- Mix in the rolled oats and nuts alongside with your fingers till they clump up sooner than spreading in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375F/190C oven till evenly golden brown, about 10-20 minutes, mixing each 5-10 minutes, mixing each 5 minutes.