DARK BEER IS THE TWIST IN THIS OLD FAVORITE. SERVE WITH GRAINY MUSTARD OR HORSERADISH AND RYE BREAD.
Commercial – Continue Reading Below
- Total Time:
- 8 hrs 25 mins
- 1 1/4 lb. sm red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 3 med carrots, peeled and cut into 2″ objects
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 lb. corned red meat brisket
- 3 C water
- 1 bottle (12 oz) darkish beer
- 1 sm green cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- Step 1Combine potatoes, carrots, garlic, sugar, and bay leaf in enormous dreary cooker. Put brisket on top of greens and add water and beer. Veil and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Add cabbage for final 1 1/2 hours.
- Step 2Steal red meat fro dreary cooker. Let relaxation, loosely covered, 5 to 10 minutes sooner than lowering. Steal and discard bay leaf. Steal greens with slotted spoon and help with corned red meat.