posted by Roz on Sep 4, 2010 (updated Nov 30, 2019)
I realize that that is no longer the ideal quality photo, on the different hand it if truth be told is a cinnamony-brown-coloured cake.
I still bear zucchini increasing completely out of regulate within the garden, so I’m whipping up extra of this remarkable cake that we repeatedly stay up for every yr. Actually, that is our favourite muffins, so moist and flavorful, and the frosting is so correct! Plus because it is miles a prolonged weekend, and the temps are falling (and a piece chilly within the morning), I’m within the temper for baking one thing cinnamon-y, sweet, but dapper easy for this time of yr.
A cake that got right here to thoughts to both dissipate some zucchini and at the same time, satisfy my anticipation of cooler autumn climate, is that this original Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Oh, and it can be frozen too, so if final-minute web page online visitors pop by, that you can perhaps perhaps even bear one thing ready for them (I’ve never frozen the frosting even supposing). Here is the recipe that I’ve been baking ever since 1979 . . . over 30 years ago!
I bring this cake to barely a selection of catch-togethers the keep the recipe is repeatedly requested, so be ready to be asked!
For the cake
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
3 jumbo eggs
1 cup oil (I thunder canola)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
For the frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1 diminutive 3 oz. kit cream cheese
1 tsp. butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- In gigantic mixing bowl, combine the the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Combine dry ingredients, zucchini and nuts (optional) into the eggs-sugar mixture.
- Mix successfully.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan leaving about ½ scramble from the head.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes; retaining in thoughts to no longer overcook, you address to bear this cake MOIST.
- For the frosting, beat the total ingredients together unless gentle and fluffy.
- Unfold generously on high of cake/bread.
- This zucchini cake/bread can easily be frozen when wrapped in heavy freezer aluminum foil.
I top just like the colours of this lovely, green and white shredded zucchini! So original and crisp!
So after you produce this, bear a cup of your favourite flavored coffee or tea with a crop of cinnamon bliss!
I am hoping that you ENJOY this cinnamon-y, creamy treat!!
Cinnamon-y Zucchini Cake With Buttery Cream Cheese Frosting