9 to 10 rolls
After much experimentation I stumbled on my favorite recipe for cinnamon rolls, and I slathered them with cream cheese frosting for a trim decadent enact.
I also picked up one amongst my favorite pointers throughout my compare: the consume of floss or string to prick the dough (it be sophisticated to repeat, so I’ve taken report of the approach). This direction of approach that even power is applied in all directions on the log of dough, which approach that the rolls don’t accumulate squished at the same time as you prick them! (The same approach shall be dilapidated for reducing Swiss roll desserts neatly.) It be now now not in actuality vital, but it makes for extremely photogenic rolls. —Izy Hossack
- For the dough:
milk (any form)
(1/2 ounce) active dried yeast
white bread flour, plus further for rolling
1 1/2 cups
total-wheat bread flour
- For the filling and frosting:
darkish brown sugar
all-motive flour or white bread flour
plus 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (divided)
- Own the bread dough: In a medium bowl mix the milk and boiling water. Run them together after which add within the yeast alongside with 1 teaspoon of the granulated sugar. Run and arena apart for 5 minutes.
- In the intervening time build the flours, final granulated sugar, salt, vegetable oil, and eggs into the bowl of a stand mixer. (Whereas it’s likely you’ll perchance presumably now now not indulge in a stand mixer, obliging consume a huge bowl.)
- Pour within the milk combination and, the consume of the dough hook attachment, mix every thing together. Let the mixer knead the dough on medium tempo for about 10 minutes, until it be tender and slightly sticky. (Whereas it’s likely you’ll perchance presumably now now not indulge in a stand mixer, trail the aggregate alongside with a wood spoon or your palms until it comes together, then knead it on a evenly floured surface for 10 minutes until tender.)
- Choose the dough out of the bowl and pour some oil into the bowl to grease it. Set up of residing the dough abet into the oiled bowl, turning to coat. Quilt the dough loosely with plastic wrap, then tear away it in a warm build until doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Own the filling: In a exiguous bowl trail together the darkish brown sugar, floor cinnamon, and flour. Set up of residing apart.
- Once risen, turn the dough out onto a evenly floured work surface. Sprinkle it with some extra flour, then roll it into a 20- x 12-budge rectangle.
- Unfold the 1/3 cup of softened butter throughout the outside of the dough, after which sprinkle over the cinnamon combination.
- Starting on the lengthy edge (20-budge edge) of the rectangle, roll the dough up tightly into a lengthy log. Minimize off the ends so you indulge in a roughly 18-budge log, then fetch alongside the dough every 2 inches so that you presumably might perchance well also detect where you shall be reducing to create 9 cinnamon rolls.
- Utilizing both a thread or unflavored dental floss (as proven within the photos) or a spirited knife, prick the dough into 9 items.
- Set up of residing the rolls prick facet-down into a huge greased tray. Quilt them loosely with plastic wrap and tear away the rolls someplace warm to upward thrust for half-hour. In the intervening time, preheat your oven to 350° F. When the rolls indulge in risen, safe the plastic wrap and bake them for 20 to half-hour, until wisely risen and golden brown. Lunge away them to wintry earlier than frosting.
- Own the frosting by creaming together the 1/4 cup of softened butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla extract until tender. Unfold the frosting throughout the cooled rolls.
Obsessive about desserts, roasted greens and something bright Maldon salt or maple syrup. Izy is a student living in London, UK who spends her spare time working a blog and rambling on topwithcinnamon.com