Bursting with crimson cherries and topped with sliced almonds, this Cherry Almond Espresso Cake is festive and so luscious – the expedient cope with for breakfast or anytime!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 precise eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mild bitter cream
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
- ¾ cup thinly sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Evenly grease a 10-disappear springform pan.
- In an actual bowl, utilizing an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter till mild and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract, beat neatly.
- In a medium bowl, plug collectively flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add half of flour combination to egg combination, combine to combine
- Add bitter cream to egg combination, combine to combine.
- Add final half of flour combination to egg combination, combine to combine.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into willing springform pan, spreading evenly.
- Pour cherry pie filling over batter in pan, spreading evenly.
- Drop reaming batter, by tablespoons,onto cherry filling in pan, moderately unfold batter over filling with reduction of spoon.
- Sprinkle almonds evenly over batter.
- Verbalize pan in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour or till a tester inserted into middle of cake comes out clear.
- Frigid pan on a rack for 10 minutes. The spend of a knife, reduce around edges of pan, liberate sides of pan and employ.