My mother is French and my dad is Irish, however one in all our family favorite recipes rising up used to be a Russian one… beef stroganoff. To me, that you just can perchance perhaps perchance’t beat this combo of scrumptious beef, mushrooms, onions, and a escape of sour cream. Right here we’ve made it even a puny extra healthy by swapping nutritious (and lower carb) cauliflower for the feeble noodles.
Pork Stroganoff Over Cauliflower
To me, right here is traditional comfort meals. My mother made a gradual-cooked version served over egg noodles that used to be totally delectable. My brother and I potentially would luxuriate in chosen her beef stroganoff over candy!
Sadly, on narrative of of genetic trying out and much study, I found that I couldn’t tolerate many grains. I also needed to preserve a ways from dairy for some time (my folk found identical results from their trying out), making this family favorite off-limits.
Over the years, I’ve slowly revamped recipes I revel in in list to win them extra nutrient dense and to accommodate meals allergy indicators. It’s no longer easy, however I attempt my simplest to total it without shedding the flavour of the original (now and all any other time with many grisly failures alongside the kind).
I found a technique to sub cabbage for noodles in spaghetti, and sweet potatoes for noodles in lasagna. A couple of months ago, it at closing dawned on me that there used to be an mighty extra obvious substitution for egg noodles in beef stroganoff: cauliflower.
Cauliflower has a soft model when steamed and shall be a massive texture as a sinful for a extra hearty dish treasure this. Must you luxuriate in a puny extra time, this stroganoff is ideal over cauliflower mashed potatoes.
Guidelines for Phenomenal Pork Stroganoff:
- I’ve incorporated cooking instances for essentially the most simple and immediate version of beef stroganoff. I win it in about half-hour on a busy night. For a extra soft stroganoff, simmer the meat coated in the pan for an extra half-hour on medium/low heat. This step is extra significant for tougher cuts of meat (flank or spherical steak) and much less significant for naturally soft cuts (filet or sirloin).
- The spice ideas are a starting level. Be at liberty to experiment and add extra of them to swimsuit your model.
- Bitter cream is fully no longer mandatory. Must you spend dairy-free, that you just can perchance perhaps perchance miss it with out a mumble. Must you spend it, be definite that that to stir it in on the very discontinuance after placing off from the heat.
- When slicing the meat into thin strips, it must also be more straightforward to carve when it is still partially frozen. Whether it is defrosted, I’ve found that kitchen shears are also in actuality priceless for lowering it into thin strips.
- For a big budget-fine version, use floor beef as a replacement of the sliced steak. The texture will seemingly be a puny diversified however the flavour will still be unbelievable.
Cauliflower Pork Stroganoff Recipe
A extra nutrient-dense scheme shut on a comfort meals traditional. Hearty beef stroganoff over steamed cauliflower rather than noodles. Gluten free with dairy free option.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time forty five minutes
Complete Time 1 hour
Servings 4 folk
Energy 452 kcal
Prick the steak into as thin of slices as conceivable.
Melt the butter in a big skillet and add the slices of meat.
Thinly carve the onion and add to the pan.
Cook dinner for five-7 minutes unless the meat has began to brown and the onions are translucent.
Thinly carve the mushrooms and add them to the pan with the meat.
Season with garlic powder, salt, pepper and tarragon.
Add the meat broth and produce to a simmer over medium low heat.
Simmer for roughly 25 minutes unless the meat is soft and the mushrooms luxuriate in softened.
Whereas the meat is cooking, lower the cauliflower into florets and steam unless soft.
Take the meat from the heat and stir in sour cream, if the usage of, stirring unless well integrated.
Serve atop the steamed cauliflower and revel in!
For a extra soft stroganoff, simmer in the pan, coated, for an extra half-hour on medium/low heat sooner than adding the sour cream.
Alternatively, win cauliflower mashed potatoes to lend a hand your stroganoff over.
Energy: 452kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 31gPlump: 32gSaturated Plump: 17gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 1074mgPotassium: 1094mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gWeight-reduction blueprint A: 715IUWeight-reduction blueprint C: 73mgCalcium: 115mgIron: 3.1mg
Ever tried beef stroganoff? What used to be a favorite family recipe rising up?
About Katie Wells
Katie Wells, CTNC, MCHC, Founder of Wellness Mama and Wellnesse, has a background in study, journalism, and weight reduction program. As a accomplice and mother of six, she grew to became to overview and took well being into her personal hands to search out solutions to her well being issues. WellnessMama.com is the culmination of her hundreds of hours of research and all posts are medically reviewed and verified by the Wellness Mama study crew. Katie shall be the writer of the bestselling books The Wellness Mama Cookbook and The Wellness Mama 5-Step Everyday life Detox.
- All Posts
You would furthermore furthermore revel in these posts…