Cat Cora’s Olive Oil Chocolate Cake
For a Mediterranean flare to your Thanksgiving, swap your pumpkin pie for chef Cat Cora’s olive oil cake.
- 7 eggs, separated
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup cat cora’s kitchen by gaea kalamata d.o.p. greek extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 3/4 cup drinking chocolate (no longer cocoa), sifted
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar when beating egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg yolks with castor sugar except fluffy. If the combination tends to be thick, add 1 tablespoon of warm water. This can abet the combination flip fluffy again. With the beater on medium tempo add the olive oil, bit by bit, like making mayonnaise. Add dry factors to the combination on low tempo and beat except all combined. Add the water.
- Whip the egg whites except thick, add the sugar ,and beat except it dissolves. Pour chocolate combination correct into a tidy bowl and gently nonetheless with out be aware fold within the egg whites. When smartly combined pour correct into a greased 9-plug cake tin and bake for 1 hour or except cooked.
- Motivate with chocolate ganache (sauce) and Cat Cora’s Kitchen sea salt.