Cook time for dinner
6 to eight
Take a look at Kitchen-Licensed
sunflower or vegetable oil
finely minced button mushrooms
qualified onion, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
dried appetizing leaves
sweet or smoked paprika
flooring white pepper
bouillon cube (non-mandatory)
potatoes, peeled and diced
flooring beef or pork
1 1/2 cups
Kosher salt and freshly flooring shadowy pepper, to style
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Flippantly grease a educated casserole dish (about 12 inches long).
Field a educated pan over medium warmth and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add mushrooms, onions, and garlic and cook, stirring continuously, till onions soften and mushrooms liberate liquid.
- Dawdle in tomato paste, appetizing, paprika, cumin, nutmeg, white pepper, and bouillon cube, if the protest of. Fry for relatively of bit till combination is well blended and fragrant, and tomato paste relatively changes in colour.
- Add potatoes and hotfoot to coat them with the sauce. Add 1/4 cup water and hotfoot. Cook dinner potatoes till they’re largely cooked by, stirring every now and then so that they plan now not keep on with the bottom. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pick pan from the warmth, add flooring meat and hotfoot to combine thoroughly. (You usually are now not cooking the meat here, handsome combining it with the potatoes and seasonings.) Attach the meat and potato combination into the casserole dish and bake uncovered for half-hour till the meat is cooked. The top wants to be flippantly browned and the meat wants to be accurate esteem a meatloaf or burger patty. Drain the surplus liquid and elephantine from the casserole dish, if mandatory, and grief aside.
- In a bowl, beat together yogurt, flour, eggs, and baking soda. Season with salt and pepper flippantly. Pour the yogurt combination over the meat and potatoes and return to the oven. Bake for quarter-hour or till the tip is golden and the yogurt is handsome grief. (Pause now not overcook. The yogurt layer wants to be handsome firm ample so that it isn’t very at all times pure liquid. For these who cook it too long, the yogurt will curdle.)
- Let frigid at room temperature for 10 minutes forward of serving.
I used to be born in Peru to a Limeño father and a Texan mother. We moved to Miami once I used to be 5, and I grew up within the “Kendall-suyo” neighborhood—continuously called the fifth province of the Inca Empire due to the its qualified Peruvian population. I’ve been writing about food since I used to be 11 years ragged, and in 2016 I got a master’s diploma in Gastronomy from Boston University. A mosey columnist at Food52, I’m within the imply time basically based entirely in Hollywood, Florida—yet every other titillating Peruvian neighborhood—the assign I’m a author, culinary tour data, and advisor.