Bourbon Spiced Cider
Enhance a classic holiday drink with this bourbon spiced cider. This Southern-vogue drink modified into once crafted by Monica Wolf, bourbon connoisseur of the Kentucky Derby.Recipe courtesy of Monica Wolf, bourbon ambassador of the Kentucky Derby.
- 4 cups apple cider
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cinnamon sticks, plus 1 for garnish
- 4 total cloves
- 1/2 portion ginger, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
- lemon peel, for garnish
- granny smith apple matchsticks, for garnish
- In a pot, situation cider, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, clove, ginger, and allspice. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, duvet, take dangle of away from heat, and steep for an hour.
- Arena combination over range again and heat till warmed.
- Add bourbon.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick, lemon peel, and/or Granny Smith apple matchsticks.