Dilapidated fashioned beef barley soup that I discovered from my grandmother.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless quick ribs or stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 carrots slices
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- dried thyme to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup barley
- Brown the quick ribs or stewing beef in oil. Add the onions and cook dinner unless clear. Duvet with the water and beef broth and cook dinner meat unless tender. Mine took about 1 hour. Are attempting so that you just can shred it without advise.
- Add the the leisure vegetables except for for mushrooms. Cook dinner for 20 minutes or unless vegetables are tender.
- Dash in the mushrooms and barley. Cook dinner over medium heat unless the barley is absolutely cooked, about 20 – 30 minutes adding extra water or broth if wanted.