Amy Casey, of northern Original Jersey, is a food columnist…
After eating, though-provoking, and overindulging sooner or later of the holidays, many folk are purchasing for lighter meals. Dim Bean and Vegetable Enchiladas are plump of fashion and are an attractive vegetarian dinner.
By Amy Casey
Delightfully tasty bean and vegetable enchiladas.
- Creator: Amy Casey
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: forty five minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock, reduced sodium
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup crimson pepper, exiguous dice
- 3/4 cup zucchini, exiguous dice
- 11/2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup grated though-provoking cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 – ounce) can dusky beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 10 (6-breeze)flour tortillas
- Sour cream, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
Prevent your masks from going dismal
- To originate the enchilada sauce, heat a exiguous saucepan over medium heat. Add the cumin, chipotle powder, flour, and tomato paste. Race to mix and cook dinner for about one minute. Progressively slouch in the stock, salt, and 2/3 cup water. Elevate to a boil. In the reduction of heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or unless the sauce is somewhat thickened. Bewitch a ways off from heat and effort apart.
- Warmth a saute pan to medium-excessive heat and add the oil. Add the crimson pepper and zucchini and saute for about three to 5 minutes. Bewitch a ways off from heat and region in a monumental bowl. Frigid somewhat. Add 1 cup of the pepper jack cheese, ¾ cup of the cheddar cheese, the dusky beans, corn, and scallions and plug to mix.
- To assemble the enchiladas, spray a 9-breeze-x-13-breeze baking dish with cooking spray. Brush every aspect of the tortillas, one after the other, with the enchilada sauce. Advise on a reducing board and have with about 1/2 cup of the filling. Roll up tortilla and region seam aspect down in baking dish. Proceed filling and rolling the closing tortillas. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with the closing cheeses.
- At this point, the enchiladas can even be baked, refrigerated for up to 2 days, or frozen.
- To bake, region uncovered dish in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes unless the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated via. Bewitch a ways off from oven and advantage with sour cream and cilantro if desired.
- To freeze, quilt baking dish with plastic wrap after which foil.
- Freeze for up to a pair months. To bake, thaw for 24 hours in the fridge and bake as directed above adding about 10 minutes to the cooking time.
Amy Casey, of northern Original Jersey, is a food columnist for the Original Jersey Herald and cookbook author. She has developed a wealth of recipes as a private chef and moreover whereas cooking for her have family of 5. Secret agent extra of her recipes in her elegant revealed cookbook for e-readers Dinner for a Yr – 52 Easy and Appetizing Recipes to Spice Up Your Family Menu Planning.