These easy blackout cookies accumulate a double dose of chocolate from unsweetened chocolate and chocolate extract. Reprinted with permission from Vacation Cookies by the Chicago Tribune staff, Agate Surrey, November 2014.
- 2 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs, overwhelmed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Melt the chocolate in the stay of a double boiler feature over simmering water; feature aside to chilly a little bit. Mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and extracts in a agreeable bowl; tear to combine. Plug in the chocolate; feature aside.
- Coast collectively the flour, baking powder, and salt in a agreeable bowl. Add the chocolate mixture to the flour mixture, stirring till neatly mixed. Duvet; refrigerate no longer no longer up to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Unfold the confectioners sugar on a plate; feature aside.
- Scoop walnut-dimension balls of dough; roll each in the sugar. Say on a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet 2 inches aside. Bake till edges are agency, about 10 minutes per batch. Take dangle of away cookies to a wire rack; chilly.