- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 purple chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 800g can entire plum tomato
- 1l vegetable stock
- 100g damaged spaghetti
- 4 tbsp chopped pitted murky olives
- 2 tbsp chopped capers, drained and rinsed
- orderly handful basil leaves, roughly torn, or 1 tbsp pesto
Warmth the oil in a orderly heavy-basically basically based mostly saucepan. Add the onion and chilli, then cook dinner for 10 mins till softened. Depart within the tomatoes, breaking apart with a spoon as you walk, then pour within the stock. Quilt, raise to the boil, assume the lid, then simmer for five mins.
Add the spaghetti, then simmer for 6-8 mins till it is candy cooked. Depart within the olives, capers and basil or pesto, then help drizzled with olive oil.
Warmth oven to 190C/fan 170C/fuel 5.
Divide a 375g pack ready-rolled puff
pastry into 8 rectangles. Switch to a
baking sheet, then ranking a 1cm border
across the perimeters. Brush edges with a
runt beaten egg, then bake for 15 mins
till risen and golden. Gently squash
the risen centres. Spread with 3 tbsp
original pesto, then prime with 200g blended
antipasto (equivalent to purple peppers and
artichokes; we old college Sacla). Scatter on
basil and rocket leaves, then help.
Recipe from Factual Food magazine, March 2009