Cook time for supper
Challenging pork, tangy goat cheese, sweet fig jam, and earthy arugula all mixed on this flavorful burger. This dish is glorious for grilling by the pool, or, within the event that you just would possibly want to well also very effectively be esteem me and possess no longer cling a yard (or a grill for that matter), it will also additionally be without complications carried out on the stovetop with a cast-iron skillet. —Sarah Goerzen | The Metropolis Skillet
Test Kitchen Notes
I’m utterly biased in the case of this burger, because I a. I esteem figs and b. I esteem bizarre burger toppings (peanut butter is amongst my favorites). This didn’t disappoint, and become once in actuality a terribly enormous burger. I possess no longer mediate that you just would possibly want to possibly be ready to head sinful with the flavour combos. The burger had reasonably about a flavor, nonetheless become once a limited bit heavy on the chili flakes (which I esteem and totally mature 1/2 teaspoon), as they fought about a of the reasonably about a flavors. I’d positively develop this many occasions. I loved how Sarah equipped priceless tricks in her instructions, and opinion the total recipe become once effectively written. My burgers did rob a limited bit longer to cook dinner because they cling been thick, nonetheless Sarah warned me of this. —figgypudding
1/2 to 1 teaspoons
beaten red pepper flakes
Salt and freshly ground dusky pepper
2 to three tablespoons
fig jam (I esteem Dealer Joe’s)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Location buns on a baking sheet, and toast in oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a minute bowl, drizzle olive oil over arugula, and season with salt and pepper. Give it a toss.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground pork with salt, pepper, beaten red pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix with your fingers. (NOTE: Any time you tackle raw meat, wash your fingers thoroughly with soap and water before touching something else.) Create pork into two patties.
- Warmth your cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Soften butter or oil in skillet, and in moderation situation patties in pan. Continuously lay meat faraway from you to e book certain of splattering hot oil on your self. Let patties cook dinner for about 2 to three minutes before flipping (cooking time will rely on how thick your patties are). As soon as flipped, situation goat cheese on each and every patty to heat and soften cheese. Cook dinner 2nd aspect for 2 to three minutes.
- Assemble! Unfold fig jam on the bottom bun. Location patty on top of fig jam. Top patty with arugula. Top arugula with top bun.