- 6 toddler crimson peppers
- 6 toddler aubergines
- 3fat courgettes
- about 300ml sizzling vegetable stock
For the stuffing
- 400g pudding rice
- 1 crimson pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1medium onion, finely chopped
- very gigantic handful original mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1large lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 1heaped tbsp sizzling pepper paste (Sera brand from Turkish grocers) or Gourmand Garden chilli paste
- 5 tbsp olive oil
Make the stuffing. Swish the rice about in a bowl of cold water, drain smartly and add the final stuffing formula. Season within the occasion you desire to, then combine smartly.
Carve off the stalk ends of the peppers and capture the cores. With a vegetable peeler, capture strips of aubergine pores and skin, to give a striped halt. Carve off the stalk ends, then dig out the flesh with an apple corer or teaspoon. Carve a skinny sliver off the underside of every vegetable so they’ll stand factual. Carve off the ends of the courgettes, then cleave in half of crossways and scoop out the flesh as for the aubergines.
Spoon the stuffing into the vegetables and stand them factual in a saucepan or flameproof casserole, cramming them in tightly. Pour in sufficient stock to return halfway up their facets and produce to the boil. Quilt tightly with a lid and cook dinner over a low heat for 45 mins. (If you happen to’ve obtained any leftover stuffing, cook dinner it in a separate pan of stock for about 20 mins until the rice is soft.) Leave the vegetables to resolve for 10 mins.