- 4 oz total macadamia nuts (about 1 cup), optionally available
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons gentle corn syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, damage up lengthwise and scraped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons inaccurate salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 levels. Spread nuts on a miniature rimmed baking sheet, and bake until fragrant and starting build to brown, 10 to Quarter-hour. Salvage far from oven, and let stand until chilly. Coarsely prick; build apart.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat (a French nonstick baking mat); build apart. In a medium stockpot, heat oil over excessive heat. Add popcorn, and duvet. Once the corn begins to pop, shake the pan repeatedly. When the corn has carried out popping, defend far from the warmth, expose; build apart.
- 3. In a spacious deep pot, no longer decrease than 12 inches extensive, plug together water, sugar, and corn syrup. Add vanilla pod and seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, and salt. Instruct to a boil over medium-excessive heat without stirring. The utilization of a pastry brush dipped in water, brush down the perimeters of the pan to defend away any undissolved sugar granules. Slash heat to medium, and cook dinner, tilting and swirling the pan, until the aggregate well reliable begins to smoke and is a deep caramel shade, 4 to five minutes extra.
- 4. Race within the popcorn and nuts. Cook dinner, stirring, while transferring the pot on and off the warmth to forestall the caramel from burning, until the popcorn is utterly coated and the aggregate is deep mahogany in shade. Pour onto willing baking sheet, and spread in an very superior layer. Let chilly. Salvage away and discard vanilla bean. Retailer in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.