Sea Island red peas are a selected stamp of heirloom legumes, however at the same time as you happen to can not win them, you must well presumably presumably additionally with out problems use dim-eyed peas as a change.
Commercial – Proceed Studying Below
- 1 tbsp. additional-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 stalk celery
- 1 runt onion
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 c. Sea Island red peas* or dim-eyed peas
- 8 c. rooster or vegetable stock
- Step 1In a gargantuan, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-excessive heat, heat oil and butter. Add celery and onion and sauté. Season flippantly with salt and pepper and cook dinner except vegetables are comfy, about 5 minutes.
- Step 2Add peas and stock. Quilt and simmer over medium heat except peas are comfy, about 1 1/4 hours. Season broth with salt and pepper and simmer except peas soak up salt, about quarter-hour more.
Systems & Ways