Soon after it was as soon as invented by Bernard Schimmel, the Reuben obtained the National Sandwich Thought Contest in 1956. Now, in the case of 60 years later, the combo of corned crimson meat, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing remains to be a deli popular. It’s with out a doubt mine. On every occasion I’m fortunate ample to eat at a conventional New York City deli for lunch, a Reuben is my jog-to uncover — however I constantly swap out the corned crimson meat for pastrami.As grand as I relish the sandwich, though, I’ve never as soon as made it at home. The prolonged cooking methods for both corned crimson meat and pastrami entirely contradict my sandwich most titillating: a immediate, no-fuss lunch or an easy weeknight dinner.This recipe solves the difficulty. Altering the meat over all over again, I sub out pastrami for an all-crimson meat, char-grilled hot dog, which I top with the complete very most titillating parts of a Reuben: melted Swiss, hot sauerkraut, and tangy-sweet Russian dressing. Click here to peek 8 Ingenious Sizzling Dog Recipes.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon like
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/3 cup refrigerated sauerkraut, drained a small bit
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 crimson meat franks
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- In a slight bowl, mix collectively the mayonnaise, ketchup, like, and lemon juice to construct the dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put the sauerkraut in a medium-sized sauté pan and cook over medium-low heat till warmed by. Occupy a ways from the heat and quilt the pan. Line a baking sheet with foil and region the dog buns on it.
- With a knife, ranking each and every frank 6 or so conditions on a diagonal line. This might well perchance well additionally be distinct even cooking and a crisp char. Preheat a grill on medium-high heat. Grill the hot canines till charred to your liking, about 4 minutes per aspect.
- Turn the broiler to high. Location the hot canines in the buns. Sprinkle each and every with ¼ cup grated Swiss cheese. Put the baking sheet beneath broiler, and with the oven door birth, look fastidiously till the cheese is factual melted.
- To each and every hot dog, add 1/3 cup hot sauerkraut and spoon on some dressing. Serve straight.