The spiciness of those sandwiches is dependent on the kind of barbecue sauce you utilize.
Advertisement – Continue Finding out Below
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. turbinado or gentle brown sugar
- 1 summer season squash (8 oz.), gash lengthwise into 1/4-trip-thick slices
- 1 spacious crimson onion, thickly sliced
- 1 crimson bell pepper, gash lengthwise into flat panels
- 1 loaf complete-grain Italian bread (8 oz.), halved lengthwise
- 1/2 c. bottled barbecue sauce
- 4 oz. share-wander with the flow mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Step 1Preheat a grill to medium. Flippantly oil the grill grate.
- Step 2In a spacious bowl, trot collectively the water, vinegar, oil, and brown sugar. Add the squash and onion, and toss gently to coat.
- Step 3Place the bell pepper, pores and skin-facet down, on the grill grate. Add the yellow squash and crimson onion.
- Step 4Grill the squash and onion for 10 minutes, turning them once in a whereas, unless crisp-delicate. Grill the pepper for 10 minutes with out turning, unless the pores and skin is charred. Switch the greens to a plate. When frigid ample to tackle, peel the pepper and gash into thick strips.
- Step 5Grill the bread, gash-facet down, for 30 seconds, or unless flippantly toasted. Brush the toasted surfaces of the bread with the barbecue sauce.
- Step 6Top the bread with the mozzarella and greens.
- Step 7End up the sandwich and return to the grill. Quilt and grill for 30 seconds, or unless the cheese has melted. Chop crosswise into 4 sandwiches.