Easy Lentil Chili
This uncomplicated vegetarian chili recipe makes employ of lentils as a replacement of beans. Brown lentils work finest as they’re going to retain their form even when soft after cooking. Support over brown rice or with complete-grain fire bread.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 gigantic purple bell pepper, chopped
- 8 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoon salt-free chili powder
- 2 1/4 cup brown lentils
- 2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped unusual cilantro
- Warmth a gigantic pot over medium-high warmth. When sizzling, add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring repeatedly, until greens brown and originate to follow the bottom of the pot, about 6 minutes. Bolt in 3 tablespoons of broth and proceed to cook, stirring, until onion is soft and frivolously browned. Bolt in garlic and chili powder and cook 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add lentils, tomatoes and closing broth. Carry to a boil, decrease warmth to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, half-hour or until lentils are virtually soft. Present and cook 10 minutes longer. Bolt in cilantro and motivate.