Toasted pecans, gooey caramel, and a effective pour of rum accomplish this banana bread (tailored from an broken-down Hershey’s toffee banana bread recipe) MUCH extra attention-grabbing than the common loaf. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Take a look at Kitchen-Authorized
2 1/2 cups
plus 2 tablespoons milk
very ripe mashed banana
chopped caramel (a caramel block or subtle caramel candies)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ loaf pans.
- Whereas the oven preheats, unfold the chopped nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven till they scent nutty and fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- In a mountainous bowl, bound together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk, oil, rum, egg, and mashed banana and drag smartly.
- Poke in the toasted nuts and chopped caramel.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pans, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or till a tester inserted in the center comes out with upright about a moist crumbs clinging to it. Care for shut away from oven, urge a knife at some level of the edges to loosen, and let wintry in the pan for after all 10 minutes sooner than turning the loaves out onto a wire rack.