Give ho-hum carrots a candy toughen.
Advertisement – Proceed Reading Below
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 c. vegetable stock
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground dusky pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. carrots, peeled and lower into 1/2″ diagonal slices
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. new parsley
- Step 1In neat skillet over medium heat, mix 1 tablespoon orange zest and orange juice, brown sugar, stock, and wine, and season with salt and pepper. Combine with a spoon, add carrots, and elevate to a boil. Simmer and cook, coated, 5 minutes.
- Step 2Settle away quilt and cook till liquid is diminished by half of, 8 to 10 minutes more. Add butter and continue simmering till carrots are gentle and sauce has grew to turn out to be correct into a glaze.
- Step 3Garnish with parsley and aid in an instant.
Judy Kim is a New York based food stylist, recipe developer, culinary producer and inventive consultant.