Cook time for dinner
Forty five minutes
Impressed and adapted from King Arthur Flour Traditional Vanilla Bundt Cake recipe, this refined and moist cake is a have to for any dessert unfold. No longer easiest does the addition of blueberry powder, dried blueberries and juice add a punch of colour, they additionally add a punch of antioxidants! Can cake dangle healthy benefits? Why no longer. —Bow Hill Blueberries
1 1/2 cups
unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups
huge eggs, at room temperature
2 1/4 teaspoons
1 1/2 teaspoons
2 3/4 cups
King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
Bow Hill Natural Heirloom Blueberry Powder
1 1/2 cups
Bow Hill Natural Heirloom Dried Blueberries
Amaretto or Huge Marnier (no longer mandatory)
- Blueberry Glaze
1 1/2 cups
and a few tsp Bow Hill Natural Heirloom Blueberry Juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Macerate the dried fruit in the Amaretto or Huge Marnier (no longer mandatory). Ultimate if performed the evening sooner than or for several hours.
- Plight the butter and sugar in a huge mixing bowl. Beat together at medium velocity except the mix lightens in colour and looks fluffy. Plight the perimeters and bottom of the bowl.
- Measure the flour by gently spooning it into a measuring cup, sweeping off any excess with a straight edge. Add the baking powder, salt, dried blueberry powder.
- With the mixer operating at medium velocity, add the first three eggs to the butter/sugar mixture one at a time. Wait except every egg is absorbed into the mix sooner than in conjunction with the next.
- Add two tablespoons of the flour mixture to the bowl after the third egg, and mix except blended. Add the fourth egg, mix except absorbed, then mix in a single more two tablespoons of the flour mixture. Proceed in this kind with the fifth and sixth eggs, alternating the addition of the egg with 2 tablespoons of the flour from the recipe.
- Add the almond extract to the milk.
- Add one-third of the closing flour to the batter, beating gently to combine. Gently beat in half the milk. Mix in a single more third of the flour, then the closing milk. Hunch in the closing flour. Plight the perimeters and bottom of the bowl, then beat except the batter is soft and fluffy, about 20 to 30 seconds at medium-high velocity. Drain and fold in the dried blueberries on low velocity.
- Thoroughly grease a 10- to 12-cup Bundt pan, using non-stick vegetable oil spray or shortening (no longer butter; butter tends to extend sticking). Scoop the batter into the intriguing pan, smoothing the head with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for Forty five-50 minutes, except it be initiating to brown, looks location on high, and a toothpick or lengthy skewer inserted into the center comes out dapper. (In the occasion you’re baking in a unfortunate-interior pan, commence checking at Forty five minutes.) If the cake looks to be browning too speedily, tent it with foil for the final quarter-hour of baking.
- Raise away the cake from the oven, and gently loosen its edges using a heatproof spatula. Flip the pan over onto a cooling rack. After 10 minutes, purchase the pan off the cake, and allow it to chill totally.
- For the glaze, bound the powdered sugar and blueberry juice together and drizzle over the cake. Sift a bathe of dried blueberry powder over the head, if desired.
- Store leftover cake, successfully wrapped, at room temperature for several days. Freeze for longer storage.