This gazpacho salad has a lot going on! Barley, plum tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers invent a appetizing unsuitable, topped off with some healthy avocado and almonds.
Commercial – Proceed Studying Underneath
- 1 c. pearl barley
- 1 1/2 c. lower-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1 small yellow or orange pepper
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp. slivered almonds
- Step 1In 3-quart saucepan, combine pearl barley, lower-sodium vegetable broth, and water. Heat to boil on excessive; duvet and decrease warmth to medium-low. Simmer 35 to 40 minutes or till barley is gentle. Frosty solely.
- Step 2Meanwhile, in smooth bowl, combine plum tomatoes, garlic, yellow or orange pepper, cucumber, extra virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, scorching pepper sauce, salt, and smoked paprika. Add cooled barley, stirring till effectively blended.
- Step 3Divide amongst 4 plates. High with avocado and slivered almonds.