- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 454g packet gorgeous wonderful sausage each sausage chopped into three
- 1 puny onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped into thick slices
- 4 celery sticks, washed, if gritty, and sliced into chunks (finely reduce the leaves if there are any)
- 2 x cans mixed pulses (or other beans), drained and rinsed below the cold faucet
- 400ml hot rooster or vegetable stock
- 1-2 tbsp Dijon mustard (or 2 tsp ready-made English mustard), looking out on how fiery you need it
- a puny handful of recent parsley, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
Cook the sausages. Heat the oil over a excessive-ish heat in a large shallow pan that has a lid. Place the chopped sausages into the pan and sizzle for 5 minutes, stirring infrequently, till they’re browned on all aspects.
Attain the veg and beans. Throw within the onion, carrots and celery (no longer the leaves) and cook dinner for 5 minutes till the onion looks to be like stare-through. Tip within the beans, give an very devoted lag, then pour within the stock and lift to the boil, stirring. Cowl and simmer for 10-quarter-hour till the carrots are soft.
Attain the dish. Fling within the mustard and parsley with any chopped celery leaves, then season to taste with salt and pepper. (The bangers and beans could additionally now be frozen – complete or as single portions – for up to two months.) Merit hot, with chunks of crusty bread to mop up the sauce.