The mixture of apples, cranberries and the rich dark brown sugar glaze makes this extremely moist cake superior for the fall and chilly weather holidays. Disclose a bundt pan or angel meals cake pan of your alternative, it for certain works both solutions.
- 3 cup all aim four (360g)
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 3/4 cup white granulated sugar (336g)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup melted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 4 huge eggs
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples (about 1 1/2 lbs) peeled, cored and sliced into 1/4” to 1/2” slices
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, washed after which picked over
- Luxuriate in the cake by first preheating the oven to 350˚F. Generously spray an angel meals cake pan or a 12 cup Bundt pan with a cooking oil after which dirt lightly with flour.