- 400g pack shallot, peeled and minimize in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 huge butternut squash, about 1.25kg/2 lb 12oz, peeled, deseeded and minimize into bite size chunks
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 450ml sturdy-flavoured vegetable stock
- 12 small pitted prunes
- 2 tsp particular honey
- 2 purple peppers, deseeded and minimize into chunks
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped mint, plus extra for spinkling
For the couscous
- 250g couscous
- 1 tbsp harissa (Moroccan chilli paste)
- 400g can chickpea, rinsed and drained
- handful toasted flaked almonds
Fry the shallots within the oil for five minutes till they’re softening and browned. Add the squash and spices, and shuffle for 1 min. Pour within the stock, season smartly, then add the prunes and honey. Conceal and simmer for 8 minutes.
Add the peppers and cook dinner for 8-10 minutes till correct gentle. Rush within the coriander and mint.
Pour 400ml boiling water over the couscous in a bowl, then shuffle within the harissa with ½ tsp salt. Tip within the chickpeas, then quilt and leave for five minutes. Fluff up with a fork and encourage with the tagine, flaked almonds and extra mint.