Buddakan serves this “rich and tasty” dish at their restaurant over rice. Despite the proven truth that the checklist of substances are long, the combination of flavors are price the scale.
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon chinese crimson vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon toban jan (chile bean sauce)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (indonesian chile paste)
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon peeled and minced unusual ginger
- 1 head cauliflower, cleave into chunk-size florets
- 1/4 cup panko
- 8 ounce floor pork
- 10 unusual mint leaves, cleave into thin shreds
- Originate the chile-garlic sauce: Traipse the stock, soy sauce, vinegar, toban jan, oyster sauce, honey, sambal oelek, and salt together in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the cornstarch over 1 tbsp water in a limited custard cup or ramekin and scramble to dissolve it.
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium warmth. Add the garlic and ginger and cook legal till they are browned, about 30 seconds. Traipse in the stock combination and produce it to a simmer. Combine the cornstarch combination to recombine, and scramble it into the sauce.
Cook till the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Make a choice it from the warmth. (The chile sauce is inclined to be cooled, lined, and refrigerated for up to five days.)
- Bring a huge pot of salted water to a boil over excessive warmth. Add the cauliflower and cook it till it’s legal delicate, 1 to 2 minutes.
Drain it in a colander and rinse it under chilly running water. Transfer the cauliflower to a huge bowl of iced water and let it frosty entirely. Drain it successfully and pat it dry with paper towels.
Heat a huge wok or skillet over medium warmth. Add the panko and cook, stirring continuously, till it’s toasted, about 1 minute. Transfer the panko to a plate.
Return the wok to medium-excessive warmth. Add the final 2 table¬spoons of oil and warmth till it’s sizzling but no longer smoking. Add the pork and cook, stirring in most cases and breaking up the meat with the side of a wood spoon, till the pork is browned, about 3 minutes. Traipse in the chile sauce. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring in most cases, till the cauliflower is heated by and the sauce is thicker, about 2 minutes.
Transfer the aggregate to a serving dish. Prime it with the toasted panko and mint and abet it sizzling.