Its candy and bitter with barely little bit of heat from the chili. Let’s acquire tofu seductive, I conception (realising that this will likely likely maybe maybe be a contradiction in phrases). Reduction with rice or flatbread. —morning glory
Test Kitchen Notes
I in fact loved this dish and was vastly a great deal surprised by the combine of flavors. The completely part that can maybe maybe indulge in made this dish better could maybe maybe maybe be the added spiciness: The sauce thickened in about 8 minutes, which didn’t leave great time for the chilis to infuse their flavor. The pomegranate molasses added a terribly good sweetness to the dish and the 5-spice balanced it out. I would positively acquire this dish over again, though I could maybe maybe simmer it for longer to acquire more heat out of the chilis, and sub rooster for tofu. —Angela
cooked beluga (sunless) lentils
tin of chopped tomatoes
rooster’s survey chilis
3 to 4 tablespoons
Mint or coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish
- Heat the oven to 180° C (356° F).
- Carve the aubergine into little chunks and living on a non-stick oven tray. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons oil and toss the aubergine till covered.
- Bake aubergine within the oven for 20 to 25 minutes till softened and barely of crispy.
- Drain the tofu (it in total comes in a pack with liquid) and press with paper kitchen towels till as dry as imaginable. Minimize into chunks.
- Fry the tofu objects gently in 1 tablespoon oil, turning as required, till barely of golden on each and each aspect.
- Build the pomegranate molasses, soy sauce, and chili powder into a bowl and mix. Add the tofu objects and flip them within the marinade. Proceed to soak whereas you put together the sauce.
- Gently fry the chopped onion in 1 tablespoon of oil till it’s softened. Add the spices and fry gently for a little while, including barely water if well-known.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and all of the chilis, pierced with a pointy knife to open their flavor. Cook for ten minutes on a medium heat to lower and thicken the sauce. Test for seasoning and add salt if required. Add the lentils and heat thru.
- Add the eggplant and tofu to the sauce after which heat thru over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded mint or chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish.