Filled with vegie goodness.
Mar 15, 2022 1:00pm
- 50 mins cooking
- Serves 4
This snappily and simple vegetable curry with coconut milk, tofu and brown rice makes a tall choice for a weeknight dinner.
- 300 gram company silken tofu
- 6 clove garlic, quartered
- 3 unusual minute purple thai chillies, chopped coarsely
- 10 centimetre stick unusual lemon grass, chopped coarsely
- 4 centimetre half unusual ginger, chopped coarsely
- 1.5 centimetre half unusual turmeric, chopped coarsely
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400 millilitre can coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- 2 unusual kaffir lime leaves
- 4 zucchini, chopped coarsely
- 1 cauliflower, minimize into florets
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup firmly packed unusual coriander, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup loosely packed unusual thai basil leaves
Tofu and vegetable curry
Press tofu between two chopping boards with a weight on high, elevate one cease; stand 10 minutes. Nick lend a hand tofu into 2cm cubes; pat dry between layers of absorbent paper.
Mix or course of garlic, chilli, lemon grass, ginger, turmeric, onion and oil except mixture forms a paste.
Cook garlic paste in tall saucepan, stirring, 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, stock and lime leaves; simmer, uncovered, stirring on occasion, 10 minutes.
Add zucchini and cauliflower; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or except vegetables are delicate.
Discard lime leaves; stir in tofu, sauce, juice and coriander. Sprinkle with basil sooner than serving.