Buying for a deliciously loads of coffee cake recipe? Our blueberry-topped breakfast cake makes a appetizing summer contend with. Made with novel blueberries, flour, cornmeal, cinnamon and sugar, this swiftly and uncomplicated recipe is bursting with novel taste. Served heat from the oven, our blueberry upside-down breakfast cake is a worthy manner to earn up your family to one thing appropriate!
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. allspice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pleasing egg
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 pkg. (6 oz. each and every) novel blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In medium bowl, dart collectively flour, cornmeal, ¼ cup of sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and allspice. In every other bowl, dart collectively buttermilk, egg and 4 tablespoons melted butter.
- Pour final 2 tablespoons butter into 9-dart cake pan, tilting to coat. Sprinkle final ¼ cup sugar over butter, and top with blueberries in single layer.
- Wreck neatly in center of dry ingredients and pour in buttermilk mixture. Combine till correct mixed. Spoon batter over berries, smoothing top.
- Bake half-hour or till cake tester comes out pleasing. Let wintry in pan 5 minutes. Invert onto serving platter. Advantage heat, lower into wedges.