A easy nonetheless tremendous preparation, this recipe comes from Mac’s Seafood on Cape Cod. Support it over sautéed greens, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, or grains—the buttery, crisp fish works in any season with any side. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Take a look at Kitchen-Permitted
unusual bluefish fillet, prick into 3 pieces
finely overwhelmed Ritz crackers (exchange one more buttery cracker when which that you simply would possibly maybe maybe maybe maybe now now not ranking Ritz)
Greens, mashed potatoes, polenta, or grains, for serving (now now not obligatory)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Exhaust the fish out of the fridge and speak it to room temperature.
- In a orderly oven-apt skillet, fry the bacon except crispy. Exhaust away the bacon to a plate and set up for one more use. Leave the bacon corpulent in the skillet.
- Run the egg in a medium bowl. Pour the cracker crumbs into a second medium bowl.
- Heat the bacon corpulent in the skillet on medium heat except hot nonetheless now now not smoking.
- Dip every bit of fish into the egg and then into the cracker crumbs, coating it totally. Space the lined fish into the skillet and cook for 2 to three minutes on both side.
- Space the skillet with the fish in the oven and bake for five minutes. Exhaust away the skillet from the oven and let the fish rest for a shrimp while sooner than serving. Support over greens, mashed potatoes, polenta, or grains.