- 15 minutes preparation
- 1 hr Forty five minutes cooking
- Serves 4
- 750 gram red meat, diced
- 1 tablespoon undeniable flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 pickling onions, peeled
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine
- 1 cup (250ml) red meat inventory
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 400 gram toddler potatoes
- 200 gram little button mushrooms
- chopped parsley, to serve
- steamed green beans (not predominant), to serve
Rich red meat casserole
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Toss together red meat and flour.
Heat oil in a heavy-based entirely flame-proof casserole pan on high. Cook dinner red meat in batches for 3-5 minutes, until brown. Add onions and carrot and cook for 5 minutes, until golden.
Add wine, inventory, tomato paste, thyme and bay leaf. Season to taste and produce to boil.
Cloak and cook in oven for 1 hour. Add potatoes and mushrooms and cook for one other 30 minutes, until red meat is terribly comfortable. Scatter with parsley and serve with steamed beans, if you esteem.